I gatecrashed Hillary Clinton’s Miami victory house party

It was exactly as turnt as it sounds

tabelec

On Tuesday, the presidential Primaries were held. Hillary Clinton was favored in many states, including Florida, where she has been dominant in the polls since the democratic presidential race began. Now, supporters are actively voicing their opinions and joy as Clinton makes huge strides towards Washington.

I went to Hillary Clinton’s Miami victory house party, and it was exactly as turnt as it sounds.

“Clinton is leading by double-digits” someone uttered while sipping on his glass of wine. To that, an elderly couple sitting on the couch chimed in with “we are celebrating victory!”

It was a somber scene as groups of Clinton supporters huddled around the several televisions scattered throughout the house. At first, I was overwhelmed by the crowd, but after a few minutes I realized that everyone was there to rally around the same cause.

Like a pre-Raphaelite masterpiece

I found my niche by the open bar, where I befriended a group of middle-aged men who were openly admitting that they only came because their wives had made them.

The event took place in Dr. Leonarda Duran Buike’s Miami home. The house was filled with Miami’s elite. In attendance were famous doctors, journalists, actors, and politicians. There were high hopes all around as we watched Hillary Clinton sweep Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, Illinois, and Missouri.

The highlight of the evening was the platter of chicken fingers that was broken out around midnight. The crowd seemed even more excited about the chicken than the Primary results.

When asked for her opinion on Clinton’s victory, Dr. Duran Buike said: “This is a resounding victory for Hillary, women, and Miami’s Latin-American community. For the first time in the history of the United States of America, we are going to elect a woman president.”

Even though it might be too soon to tell, if these Primaries are any indication, Hillary is in a good position to win.

Just like any true house party, the night concluded when the alcohol ran out. I’m not sure if they were expecting me to shotgun a beer every time Clinton mentioned the middle class, but at the time it certainly seemed like the thing to do. I had a great time at Dr. Duran Buike’s Hillary Clinton Miami victory party, even though they probably won’t invite me to the next one.

University of Miami