Noam Chomsky is gracing UMass Amherst with his presence

‘I hope he spits on me,’ said one student

That’s right, MIT professor, libertarian socialist and founder of cognitive science, Noam Chomsky is bringing his world-renowned mind to UMass Amherst this month to give a lecture at the Mullins Center.

The talk begins at 7:30pm on Thursday, April 13 and will be entitled “Prospects for Survival.” The event is, in part, a celebration for the completion of the economic department’s Crotty Hall construction and is free and open to the public. Seating is first-come, first-served and doors open at 6:30pm.

“Noam Chomsky’s clear-headed, compassionate assessment of the state of our world and his dedication to justice has been a guiding force for my political and personal maturation. UMass is beyond lucky to have his vision added to the multitudes of perspectives on our campus.” ~ Gillian Ganesan, Political Science, ‘18

For those of you unfamiliar with Chomsky’s work, it’s definitely worth your time to indulge in a few of his many speeches on YouTube or even Spotify. If you have a little more time on your hands, give one of his hundreds of publications a read. He’s got material on almost any subject; linguistics, politics, war, psychology, etc. He’s a soft-spoken man, but his ideas are nothing short of revolutionary. This will most certainly be an event to remember.

UMass Amherst