William P. McKeown, the ‘gunman’ on campus last night, turned himself in

The second suspect is still being investigated

William P. McKeown, the ‘gunman’ in Pierpont Hall last night, turned himself over to Framingham Police.

McKeown is a 19-year-old Framingham resident. UMPD issued a warrant for his arrest this morning.

After a news conference this morning, the UMass Police Department the “gunman” issued a warrant for his arrest.

He faces charges of armed robbery, assault and assault with a deadly weapon.

The second suspect is still being investigated, but neither are UMass Amherst students.

The male victim, who was taken to Cooley Dickinson Hospital to be treated for a head laceration, provided access to the building for both of the suspects. The victim was familiar with the suspects ,and has since been released from the hospital.

Today, there is an increased police force near Pierpont Hall and throughout Southwest.

The vehicle the suspects used to leave the UMass campus was found in Framingham last night, according to Framingham Police Lt. Stephen Cronin. The vehicle was found near Water and Hemenway Streets. Several cruisers responded and searched for the suspects in question.

Police are still searching for the second suspect.

The Tab has reached out to UMass, but they have yet to comment.

Further updates on the investigation will be provided as we find out more information.

UMass Amherst