UMSBC Rail Jam 2016 is here

YOU READY FOR THIS?

Although the weather at UMass has been on and off lately, we are now approaching that time of year again. All your favorite ski bums have been waiting for winter! This means weekly or even daily trips to the mountain and nights spent fantasizing about looking down on the world from the top of a mountain.

More importantly, it means that it is time for UMass Ski and Board Club’s Rail Jam this Friday at 5pm.

Just like last year, it will take place on Southwest beach and host a variety of bands, vendors, and competitors. The returning headliner will be Los Elk, accompanied by Universal ZU Disciplez, United Soul Alliance and UMass student band Calico Blue.

The club has all hands on deck to prepare for the event. President of UMSBC Olivia Dolan says, “El Nino is certainly bringing some unprecedented high temps, but with the help of Okemo Parks and the Mullins Center Practice Rink, we’re making winter happen Friday night on SW beach!”

The Mullins Center is donating the snow and Okemo is bringing the rails to make this event possible.

If you are interested in taking part in the rail jam, you can sign up ahead of time by following these instructions or you can even sign up day of. Bring $20 and sign a waiver.

If you’re over 21, finish your night off at the after party at Lit night club.

“It’s gonna be a blast. We’re all really excited,” said Olivia Dolan.

So throw your jacket on and head out to southwest beach this Friday night for a good time.

UMass Amherst