Student found dead in UMass Lowell bathroom

The state police have deemed it unsuspicious

On Sunday morning a student’s body was found in a UMass Lowell bathroom in a North campus building.

A custodian found the 28-year-old at 6am in Ball Hall, according to Lowell Police Captain Timothy Crowley. The student was enrolled at UMass Lowell but did not live on campus.

UMass Lowell police, State Police and the Middlesex district attorney’s office are currently investigating.

The state police claim that the death is not suspicious:

“The university has reached out to the student’s family as part of our campus response,” the university said. “We are deeply saddened by this tragedy and offer our condolences to the student’s family and loved ones.”

The school also issued a statement to FOX25:

“A student was found deceased in an academic building on Sunday morning. The State Police have determined that the death is non-suspicious. The university has reached out to the student’s family as part of our campus response. We are deeply saddened by this tragedy and offer our condolences to the student’s family and loved ones.”

Although this death happened to a UMass Lowell student, we at UMass Amherst are part of the same larger community and give our deepest condolences to the family and friends of this student.

UMass Amherst national-us