Superbowl guest policy updated after Patriots’ loss

Thanks, Gostkowski

The Patriots’ loss in the AFC Championship game, which kept them out of Super Bowl 50, is helping let students in to residence halls across campus this year.

Following cries of “WHY GOD, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?” and several hours of heaving, manly sobs echoing out of Southwest, Res Life and the SGA decided that it’s patrons had suffered enough, and lifted some of it’s “Sports Event Guest Policy” restrictions

The wound is still fresh, guys.

Prior to the game-that-shall-not-be-named, Super Bowl guest swipes were limited to students within their own residential areas. While non-UMass students are still prohibited, students can now enjoy the Super Bowl from any place on campus.

UMass has audited their guest policies during sporting events and holidays since the 2013 Red Sox riot that made national news headlines, with multiple arrests and damages to campus facilities.

The breath of fresh air for the administration comes at a cost to Patriots fans all across the university, and while we may still be cursing the offensive line for their tragic performance in the championship game, we should all thank Stephen Gostkowski for the freedom to watch the slaughter of the Denver Broncos from whichever dorm we please.

And next year, we may see Brady turn four into five after all.

UMass Amherst