Bernie Sanders starts the year off right with UMass visit

#FeeltheBern

As recently as last week, Bernie Sanders released information on his website that he would be ringing in the new year at UMass Amherst.

Over 3000 people were invited to the event on Facebook – SO many fans were feelin’ the Bern that the Vermont senator decided to give a shorter speech before entering the Fine Arts Center.

Despite the last minute decision to visit UMass, Berners were lining up at the Fine Arts Center entrance through North Pleasant Street all the way towards the Newman Center.

Aww, look at how cute he is

Once entering the Concert Hall, Carlos Rojas Álvarez and Patty Healey spoke about why they support Bernie.

Álvarez addressed his championing of undocumented immigrants and Healey shared how her organization, National Nurses United, was the first national union endorsement for Senator Sanders.

Berners lining up along North Pleasant Street (photo credit: Evyn Newton)

Bernie said: “What this campaign is saying loudly and clearly is: we will not accept this system.

“We are going to revitalize a new political democracy that benefits all of us, not just a handful of billionaires.”

Bernie’s short speech before entering the FAC @scarrrie

To learn more about Bernie’s campaign, check out his site here.

#BernieinMA #BernieSanders2016

UMass Amherst bernie sanders president presidential campaign umass umass amherst