Sure signs you went to UMass Homecoming

Chances are you’re pretty wiped out today after yesterday

The golden rule of homecoming is to always be prepared.

For some, that means having your hairbrush on you for touch-ups. For others, it means breaking out the beer belt. You probably saw a dozen different types of contraptions for carrying beer.

Homecoming isn’t simply for students – it’s for alumni too. You can take them out of UMass but you can’t take the UMass out of them. A loyal UMass student will never miss Homecoming.

No tailgate is complete without the griller. You probably tried your best sweet talking to get a burger out of them.

And absolutely NO sporting event is complete without UMass’s biggest fan – the infamous cheerleader. You for sure saw him leading the stands in cheer and chants. Most people know him for standing front row at the hockey games, but he loves football too.

Don’t forget Sam the Minuteman! You definitely grabbed a picture with the hands down most photogenic dude on campus.

You walked past a handful of people NOT wearing UMass gear which leads you to wonder – do you even go here? They must be confused where they are because they dressed like they were at a country concert.

You turned your nose up to people wearing Pats jerseys and resisted the urge to remind them where they were.

Or you and your friends had a quick laugh at the boy who couldn’t seem to keep himself together…or was that the look he was going for?

Sooner than you would’ve liked, the tailgate was over and it was time to go home. Unfortunately, not everyone can take part in the fun and games on homecoming.

You felt bad for the poor college kids who got the short end of the stick and had to spend endless hours checking in wound-up and excited students back into their buildings once the fun was over.

But hey…at least he’s smiling!

UMass Amherst