The definitive list of why UGA is a ‘Best Value School’

You get real bang for your buck here

We all know UGA is the best college in the country, but MONEY has just placed us 56th for the Best Value colleges, but what exactly do you get out of of your tuition payment?

The estimated price for tuition without aid is $23,600, but popular scholarships such as the Zell Miller and the HOPE scholarship take the average price down to around $16,000 per year.

That $16,000 dollars gets you a quality education and a whole lot more. Our time at school is priceless, but what exactly do you get out of paying tuition at UGA?

Free T-shirt and Food From Clubs

There are more than 600 registered clubs on campus and at the beginning of the school year these organizations will encourage people to join by giving out t-shirts, pizza, cookies, wristbands, and other fun things to get people to join and come to meetings.

Clubs are a great way to get involved and meet friends, but don’t feel any shame taking an Insomnia cookie or a slice of Domino’s pizza even if you know you have absolutely no interested in don’t intend to join the club.

Student Tickets in Sanford Stadium 

While you are sometimes piled on top of other students and forced to stand, paying $10 a ticket to see an SEC football game is a ridiculously good deal that is only available to University of Georgia students. There is nothing like cheering on The Dawgs with your fellow classmates. After graduating tickets can range anywhere from $50-$900 out of pocket. The standard ticket price almost makes a 5th year of schooling worth it (no, seriously Mom and Dad).

Making Connections With Accomplished Alumni

David Chandley, UGA Alum and Fox 5 Storm Team Meteorologist

MONEY reports that the average early career earnings for a student is $47,000.  This average is far more than the $16,000 average price of tuition with aid. The school works tireless to unite students with alumni who work for some of the best companies throughout the nation and give student’s a peace of mind that they will have connections after graduation. The dream.

Free Concerts 

The Velcro Pygmies put on a great show. Totally. Free.

The music scene in Athens is amazing, but you don’t have to spend a lot of money to see certain bands and musicians play. Downtown venues, such as Hedges on Broad, are constantly booking bands to come and play, and they don’t charge admission.

An Absolutely Beautiful Campus

Nothing quite like ringing in some success

While you may not have thought that having a beautiful campus is important, it can really influence your mood. The University of Georgia’s main campus is a super green 700 acres. The campus has beautiful gardens, lush walkways, water fountains, and picnic areas that act as great studying spots for students who stay on campus during the day. The beautiful scenery helps to maintain high-spirits even during testing time, and it looks great on your Instagram.

University of Georgia