The Biden Institute is set to launch at UD

Joe Biden is partnering with UD, can it get any better?

Making a difference

UD’s most famous alum, Joe Biden and the 47th Vice President of the United States announced that he will be starting his own policy and research center at the university. Biden has served in the Delaware community for over 40 years, so as the founding chair of the Biden Institute, he’s aiming to develop policy solutions on various issues in society, ranging from environmental sustainability to to civil and women’s rights. His experience and impact will surely be valuable for enhancing research, programs, and education for future leaders.  Biden once quoted about how his career in public service is motivated by the passion for every American to be treated with dignity and fairness. He is excited to work with the excellent policy staff to help American families and students in a place very special to him; his alma mater.

More additions to UD

When is UD not building new freshman dorms or labs to make it even better? The Biden Institute is no exception to this pattern. It will not only bring attention to domestic policy issues, but will be a part of the School of Public Policy and Administration at 44 Kent Way.  This addition will also bring in new faculty and staff, more enrollment (yay more Blue Hens),  and the initiative to expand UD’s contributions with smart cities, energy and the environment, disaster relief, and social justice.

The School of Public Policy and Administration

This globally recognized school within UD is full of highly ranked programs, and has more than 300 non profits using their research expertise and knowledge each year. As an Energy and Environmental Policy major, I’ve taken several public policy classes with UD, and through them have learned about local issues in the community and how to make a difference. These courses have heightened my awareness that we can always help someone not too far away from us. Surely the Biden Institute through UD will help to better address the needs of society, whether it’s in Newark, the State of Delaware, or throughout the country.

Blue Hens Forever

Joe Biden surely has Delaware in his heart and frequently comes back to visit UD. Whether it was in Brew Haha on Election Day, a commencement ceremony, or  a guest speaker at the inauguration for the new President of UD, Dennis Assanis. He even was inducted into the Alumni Hall of Fame, just where he should be.

University of Delaware Hide Images