Joe Biden will be back on campus Wednesday

Bae-den for president #2020

We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, Joe Biden is our sweetheart. But now the man, the myth, the legend is returning to campus to speak at the induction ceremony for ourĀ 28th president, Dennis Assanis.

If you have been at the University of Delaware the past few years, you probably know that leadership of our school has changed hands a few times since Patrick Harker announced he would be stepping down. Now, as President Assanis celebrates his inauguration, we will have Joe Biden as our guest and a speaker at the ceremony.

As a dedicated alumnus, Joe Biden has come back to Delaware for visits, to speak at graduations, and just to make us all swoon. But he recently alluded to another inauguration ceremony he could be attending in 2020. His own.

Joe Biden was set to run for president of the United States in the 2016 election, but after the death of his son was not up for the task. Biden has been a very vocal Clinton supporter and campaigned for her in this past election, he has also been very vocal about his disapproval of our president elect, Donald Trump. Recently he was asked if he had plans to run in the 2020 election to which he left us with a coy and vague response, “I’m not committing not to run. I’m not committing to anything.”

Hey, I’ll take it. Biden 2020.

University of Delaware