Last minute Halloween costumes for lazy college girls

We’ve got you covered

What girls don’t like fall, let alone Halloween? I’m sure you’ve had to pull together a last minute creative costume for some themed party, or get together, so why not just do that if all else fails this Halloween? It’s original with your own personal twist on it, and not to mention a great way to save some money.

Your friends will be jealous of your creativity, how cute you’ll look, and that you never had to buy something you’ll wear maybe once or twice.

The Nerd

The classic school costume or stereotype that everyone has attempted at one time or another. Put on your glasses, khakis (or skirt), high socks, and collared shirt, and if you’re mathematically inclined, put your calculator in your front pocket to show off to your friends. And if you have suspenders, definitely wear those too to enhance how much of a nerd you really are.

The Preppy School Girl

This is one of my favorite homemade costumes that in my opinion is so easy to pull off. Wear your favorite mini skirt, white collared shirt, and tie a cute sweater over your back to look cute and sophisticated for the night.

A school girl and a nerd featuring a flamingo!

The Frat Boy

Welcome to college where this is literally a walking stereotype. Wear your pastels pants or shorts (salmon is highly encouraged), boat shoes, high socks, backwards baseball cap, and collared shirt (*cough cough* Vineyard Vines) and you’ll be looking like a bro in no time.

Risky Business

Wear a long button down, high socks, spandex, and black sunglasses! This is one of the easiest costumes to make, and not to mention one of the funniest as well.

Hippie

This wasn’t just a phase of the ’60s, but is perfect for any chill hang out or get together. From clothing with peace signs, paisleys, flowers, and tye dye – the possibilities are endless with what you can do with this for Halloween. I recommend faded (or ripped) denim, fun vibrant patterned pants, or frayed shirts for a key part of your costume.

Social Media

Grab your clique of friends and be one of the most popular aspects of the 21st century. Print off a social media logo a few inches in size of your desired costume (I would recommend Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Google), paste it to cardboard, then punch 2 holes it and tie ribbon through the holes to make a necklace.

Lastly, wear your necklace over your favorite party dress of the same color or coordinating color (Royal blue for Facebook, etc.), and your look is complete.

’80s Workout

From spandex/leggings, to high socks, bright colors, workout headbands and high pony tails, be your bright vibrant self in this comfortable costume.

Athlete

Lastly, wear a long sports jersey/sports shirt with your favorite leggings, high socks and sneakers to support your sports team while not having to go to the store this Halloween.

Let’s go Yanks!

University of Delaware