UDel is one of the most sleep deprived universities in America

Feeling sleepy?

Has your econ textbook become your pillow? Are you that person snoring in the back of your four hundred person lecture hall? Do you ever fall asleep in your friend’s room still dressed in cat ears and balloon animal bracelet?

No just me?

Fitness tracking company Jawbone has compiled data tracking a total of 1.4 million nights of sleep of college students all over North America.

Apparently the whole campus could stand to hit the snooze button a little more often, because Delaware came out being the 110th most sleep deprived school in the country.

The average Blue Hen hits the hay (nest?) at around 12:58am during the weekday, and 1:44am during the weekend. The average wake up time is 8:35am during the week, and 9:48am during the weekend. That’s 6.92 hours of sleep during the weekday, and 7.38 hours of sleep during the weekend.

Jawbone also found a correlation between later bedtimes and the school’s ranking concluding that “The tougher the school, the later the students go to bed.”

It would seem our sleepless nights studying are testaments to our work ethic but shouldn’t we be rewarded with sleep for being good students?

Read the full study here.

University of Delaware