UCSB alum gets a lifetime ban from Tinder after bombarding woman with sexist and racist insults

Apparently she was taking too long to respond to his messages

Nick Vedovi of San Francisco, CA and a UCSB alumni was banned from Tinder earlier this week after  harassing and insulting a woman online with racist and sexist remarks after she took too long to respond to his messages.

The incident gained recognition when Kevin Tran, a friend of one of the women harassed by Vedovi, posted screenshots of Vedovi’s Tinder profile and the messages sent on to his friend on his Facebook page along with the message, “sexism and racism takes many forms and it cannot be tolerated.”

In Vedovi’s messages towards the woman he made a racist slur stating “ch*nks are all the sameee such a waste of time” and called her a “dumb c*nt.”  Vedovi also made a comment about how she looked like she would “melt in all that heat” and to “wear less make up.”

As the incident gained more popularity, more women came forward with messages from Vedovi where he referred to them as “useless,” “biggest waste of time,” and a “great body with an empty brain.”

Vedovi has since deleted is Instagram and LinkedIn profiles.

https://www.facebook.com/trank.kevin/posts/10154635723567946

According to a Facebook post by Katie Marino, a woman who also had past interactions with Vedovi:

“While this incident in itself is enough to warrant the response we’ve seen, this is NOT isolated. He has a well documented past of harrassment, assault, and emotional abuse. He was CONVICTED yet faced no consequences besides therapy.”  Marino chose to not go into more information on the incident because, “It is not my story to share on behalf of the survivor and she has asked that until she is comfortable to share it on her own terms we respect her anonymity!”

OH MY GOD I AM SCREAMINGGGGWhen you see all these "tinder nightmare" posts and articles and suddenly you actually know…

Posted by Katie Marino on Tuesday, February 28, 2017

In a statement released on Wednesday titled “In commemoration of National Pig Day… An open letter to Nick,” by Rosette Pambakian, Tinder’s Vice President of Communications and Brand, she stated that they are “swiping you off the island.  Tinder has a zero-tolerance policy for disrespect.  No racist rants.  No sexist pigs.  No trolling.  No jerks who can’t get over their own inadequacies long enough to have a decent conversation with another person on Tinder.”

She then continued to state that “hate is not an option and we will continue to fight it wherever it rears its ugly head.”  Pambakian ends her letter with a savage takedown, telling Vedovi that he will “need to search far and wide to find an organization that will employ you now.”

And of course, the responses from the internet have been glorious.

Mark Needham, one of Vedovi’s Facebook friends, tagged him in a post saying that he had two options, one being to, “change your name, get some plastic surgery, move to a place like the Dakotas or Montana and begin all over again. But this time try not to be a racist pervert.”

The second option was to “join a monastery and take a vow of poverty and silence. And contemplate the many and various acts of farkwittery which lead you to this point.”  He ended the post with, “you’re unemployed, your name and face is all over the intarwebs for being a racist pervert and you are now pretty much King Toxic. Any sensible woman googles her potential dates now. Good luck on finding a date without a social media presence.”

And there you have it, folks.  Do not be a racist, sexist, and demeaning dimwit and the internet will not ruin  your life.  It really is not that hard.

UC Santa Barbara