Cup Noodle, Dwight Schrute and the Pope: The best of UCSB’s 2016 Halloween Costumes

A roundup of the best, wildest costumes seen

Just because Halloween’s over, doesn’t mean the fun is gone too. Post Halloween means what seems like endless scrolling of posts of Halloween costumes, some so clever you wonder if people plan them November 1st of the year before. Nevertheless, the spirit of Halloween includes overviewing all the best, funniest, and most clever costumes seen. Here’s my roundup of the few greatest I saw through my Halloweekend.

The Pope

If you’re dressed as the Pope, you’re bound to somewhat stand out with the vestments and all. But this Pope really stood out. On the balcony. During a YG concert. You look up to the stage and you’re bumping to “Why You Always Hatin’?” one second and the next you look up to your right and see the Pope dancing to the hit too. Amazing.

Safety First Dude

Another great thing to turn around to during the YG concert. Honestly, I give props to him because somewhere between the three mosh pits I was pushed into, my experience of levitation as I was carried by the shoulders of half the school, and the amount of sweat I accidentally touched during the concert, I wish I had those goggles and helmet too. On top of playing it safe and having his gear, he knew how to have fun too as he danced the night away next to me and my friends.

Dwight Schrute

This one deserved a double take on the Snapchat scrolling. Everyone loves The Office. And everyone loves Dwight. You can’t really go wrong with dressing up as Dwight, but my friend did quite the job doing it. Perfectenschlag.

Cup Noodles & SLO Donut Co

I saw these through Instagram, but I have to give it to my friend for coming up with the cutest, most creative costumes I saw this year. She managed to pull two foodie outfits while putting her own touch to it. “You r what you eat” as she captioned.

Halloween truly becomes more and more interesting every year. Who knew a political figure and a badass supervillain chick would be the most popular costumes in 2016? We must thank Halloween for always being home to our moms’ products of homemade costumes when we were younger and our creative outlets today with our friends and significant others. It’s already exciting to think about what we’ll be seeing a year from now.

UC Santa Barbara