The Gaucho guide to Deltopia 2016

Restrictions, regulations, and ordinances

In an attempt to lower noise and ruthlessly raise ticket revenue, the university along with SB County and the lovely city of Goleta have some strict rules for our biggest holiday, Deltopia! In an attempt to keep us all from getting arrested/ having our terribly low bank accounts that are barely surviving from spring break drained even further from tickets, I will attempt to guide you in your endeavors.

Fences

Most main streets will be fenced off and shut down. In addition all cliffs and beaches will be closed this weekend. So don’t try to get down there its just rocks at this point and no one cares how cool you think you are walking along the balcony.

Parking 

Along with the prison like fences we are all too used to along El Collegio, we can expect to see almost all campus parking shut down this weekend. In addition, parking restrictions will be enforced on DP and Sabado. forcing residents to find parking elsewhere…as if we didn’t have a hard enough time parking. To avoid this you can park on the streets north of Sabado earlier than Saturday and pray the evil career ticket maid doesn’t catch you.

Officers

As usual there will be over 100 officers flooding the streets of IV while the always important Jr. officers will be keeping track of large alcohol purchases and sweeping hotels to find some youngsters polishing off a few empties. Because that’s clearly a big issue in our college town. So split up those purchases of plastic vodka at different locations if you would and only use the hotels for the weird stuff.

DUI and Sobriety Checkpoint 

But that’s not all! DUI and sobriety check points will be set up all over IV in an attempt to keep us safe and local. Don’t drink and drive…shouldn’t have to be said.

According to the UCSB website: “A no-guest policy will be in place — and no visitor parking permits will be issued — for all UCSB residence halls, both on campus and in Isla Vista, from 12 p.m. Friday, April 1, to 12 p.m. Sunday, April 3.

“There will be checkpoints set up to ensure that only residents enter UCSB housing complexes, and increased patrols of parking lots will include the ticketing and towing of vehicles lacking an approved permit. ”

Extra Curricular

To attempt to keep us off the streets and safe the school has set up a fantastic one hit wonder concert in Thunderdome. Fortunately, they also have a rollerblading/Star Wars warm-up to keep us entertained. So whether you are enjoying some popcorn and brownies at Star Wars, trying not to fall sloshed rollerblading or enjoying songs you have no idea the words to just remember to keep it local and be safe.

UC Santa Barbara