All the faces I made during Saturday night’s GOP debate

One of these men could be our next president

Saturday night marked the ninth official GOP debate in Greenville, South Carolina for the 2016 Presidential Election. With the interesting roster of Republican candidates (@Donald Trump), I think we can all expect these gatherings to be a little ridiculous, but Saturday night’s debate was just downright ludicrous. The following photos are 23 faces I made whilst watching this night of “political” insanity.

1. When Trump got the first question and I could not believe he is still in the running, let alone leading the polls:

Like, how America?

2. When Marco Rubio argued how “the constitution is to be interpreted how it was originally meant”:

3. Whenever Jeb Bush tried to say anything:

Good try, bud.

4. When Ben Carson showed some ‘tude with this remark: “thank you for including me in the debate, two questions already”:

Someone’s a little salty.

5. When Carson then proceeded to speak painfully slowly and I wished he was never included at all:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SPEAK FASTER.

6. When we were reminded that Ted Cruz exists:

Seriously, just looking at him makes me want to punch a cat.

7. When Donald Trump mentioned “CHINA”:

8. When Rubio said “parenting is the most important job any of us will ever have”:

Gimme a break.

9. When I could actually listen to John Kasich speak without full-body cringing:

Hmm, some of what you’re saying could be construed as rational.

10. When Trump said “As a business man, I get along with every body in the world”:

You sure about that?

11. When Jeb said Trump gets his foreign policy from TV shows:

lol, good one.

12. When Trump’s solution for everything was to “BUILD A WALL”:

Dude, enough with the walls.

13. When Jeb and Trump got into a screaming match and I kind of hoped it would escalate into a fist fight:

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!

14. When I couldn’t believe Trump went there: “the World Trade Center went down because of your brother” @Jeb:

HOLY SHIT.

15. When Jeb retaliated by rescinding DTrump’s invite to his upcoming rally:

Ooh, that’ll show him.

17. When Carson attempted to ease the tension with equally disturbing commentary: “You’re not going to accomplish your goals without some collateral damage.” (Collateral damage=killing people):

Stop talking, just, please.

16. When Kasich exclaimed “this is nuts,” and we were reminded that these men are actually running for President of our country:

Help us all.

18. When all the candidates started name-dropping Reagan to try to help their cause:

19. When Rubio dissed Cruz with this dagger: “I don’t know how he knows what I said on Univision because he doesn’t speak Spanish”:

20. And then Cruz responded by yelling random Spanish phrases to protect his dignity:

21. When I couldn’t help but laugh at what a joke these GOP debates have become:

22. But then I realized that there is actually still a possibility that one of these men could be the next leader of our country:

23. So I tried to remember where I left my passport. Just in case:

UC Santa Barbara national-us