The Chainsmokers came to UCSB and it was awesome

Before you ask, yes, they made an appearance at a house party on DP

If you still haven’t heard of The Chainsmokers then I am left to assume one of two things – a) you’ve never taken a selfie, or b) you’ve managed to tune out every sound system in IV over the past six months.

UCSB students have Tilt, the developers of the popular group money-sharing app, to thank for the DJ duos’ appearance Tuesday night at the Earl Warren Fairgrounds.

About three months ago, Tilt announced their #TiltTour – the first ever fan-sourced tour for college campuses. The premise of the tour was simple – find the fans and go to them. In a race to be one of six universities chosen for the tour, UCSB students had to act quickly in order to meet the required, 800 pre-sale ticket goal set forth by the New York app company.

1,754 tickets later, one thing was clear – UCSB was going to be a stop on the tour.

Fast-forward to February 2nd and the months of anticipation were finally over. Isla Vista was unsurprisingly ready to rage…and thankfully, The Chainsmokers were too.

At around 5pm, somewhere along the 65 block of DP, The Chainsmokers had already begun building the show’s hype with the help of some local IV residents.

The Chainsmokers make a casual appearance on DP

“One of them jumped off the second story balcony to leave the party,” said Bianca Fernandez, a first year, History of Public Policy major.

When asked about their personalities, Bianca responded: “I don’t think the fame changed them or anything…they’re definitely still college kids like us at heart.”

Seriously, this happened

Directly outside of the doors, we had the opportunity to talk with Carson Friedline, a second year Psychology major.

“Why did you decide to come to the concert tonight?” we asked.

“I’m just here for Roses…that’s my shit!” he said.

Well – as it turns out, it’s a lot of other people’s shit too.

Lets be honest, we were all waiting for Roses to come on..

Another great concert. Another great night. Another memory for the college students of IV.

Last night was a reminder to us all that good people, plus great music, equals one hell of a time. If you didn’t have the opportunity to see The Chainsmokers last night, that’s OK – there’s always another concert. If you did see them last night, then I’m sure you will agree with me when I say this – it was worth it.

Co-organizer and member of the Tilt team on campus, Austin Hechler said: “Working with Tilt was a great experience. They helped Wyatt and I make this concert a reality.

“Wyatt also worked his butt off making a last minute Facebook group which sold 800 tickets faster than any other school in the nation.”

To everyone who made last night’s Chainsmokers concert happen, I’m sure I speak on behalf of everyone in attendance when I say thank you. You guys put on one hell of a show. However more than just putting on a great show, you gave college students a legitimate reason to party on a Tuesday night.

Not that it wouldn’t have happened anyways, but it was nice having an actual reason this time.

UC Santa Barbara