How is UConn ranked so low on Princeton Review’s list of sports-charged colleges?

The only school below us was University of Louisville

Princeton Review has released Best 381 Colleges 2017 Edition, an unranked list of the best secondary educational institutions in the United States, as well as several other lists that were compiled from student surveys.

Among their findings, UConn ranked #19 on their list of sports-charged schools, which is a seemingly low ranking considering we are 11-time NCAA Women’s Basketball champions, 4-time NCAA Men’s Basketball champions, and have just had four alumni bring home basketball gold at the Rio Olympics.

We like sports…right?

But why did we rank so low? The only school below us was University of Louisville, and Syracuse took the #1 spot. The rankings were based on student answers to the survey question “How popular are intercollegiate sports at your school?”

What kind of answers did students give at other schools to get ranked higher than us? We aren’t sure how we ended up so low on the list, but one thing is for sure – Syracuse may have beat us on the list, but they won’t beat us in basketball

Apologize to Geno!

Geno Auriemma, the man who has taken the Huskies to and won 11 NCAA Championships, has coached the US National team since 2009, and has just brought home the gold, today looks upon the student body with shame and displeasure.

UConn’s campus culture is dominated by sports, but it appears that pride refused to rear its head when confronted with a Princeton Review survey. Perhaps this was a fluke – maybe a few too many of those being surveyed were too hungover to take the survey seriously… too many nickel drinks? Where were our die-hard fans when this survey was conducted? The season ticket holders? The tailgaters? It seems as though Princeton Review only surveyed the one percent of UConn that isn’t that enthusiastic about the Huskies bringing home more NCAA championships in a row than any other school.

It’s hard to explain why we ranked so low on Princeton Review’s list, but at least we can take solace in not being ranked atop of PR’s “Least Happy Students” list – on which Montana Tech of the University of Montana ranked #1.

University of Connecticut