The next chapter of UConn vs. Notre Dame, Geno vs. Muffet begins tomorrow

Get amped. We are going to beat the Irish

Notre Dame and UConn are continuing the greatest rivalry in women’s basketball on Saturday. These teams hate each other.

Muffet Mcgraw and Geno are at Meek Mill and Drake levels of beef. Except, instead of just going back-to-back Geno has won ten national championships.

Muffet Mcgraw just like Meek acts like she is way better of a coach then she really is. Cool, she won one National Championship in 2001. Yet, she couldn’t win anything with the very talented and current WNBA star, Skylar Diggins.

Geno Auriemma wouldn’t even admit he hates Muffet, yet last year she had no problem openly discussing how there was no love lost between the programs. In the end Notre Dame goes out of their way to try and beat UConn while Geno stays focused on winning national championships.

In the end this is Breanna Stewart’s senior year. If she manages to guide the team to a repeat of the national championship, she will be in the select company of those who won four national championships in a row. We are all witnessing one of the greatest college basketball players of all time in her final season.

We all need to get pumped up. When I enter Gampel on Saturday I hope it is rocking. We need to all give Muffet and the Irish a nice old-fashioned welcome to the basketball capital of the universe. Just like when South Carolina came to Gampel last year, the Husky fans can truly get into this opposing team’s head.

Let’s remind Muffet what coming up to UConn is truly like.

University of Connecticut