Could the wait have been any longer? It’s finally basketball season again

The Husky road to the Final Four begins tomorrow

Can you imagine a worse way to begin your season than playing against the UConn Huskies at Gampel Pavilion? Simply put, no.

The University of Maine are going to lose whatever shred of faith and momentum they were hoping to begin their season with when they take on the boys in blue tomorrow night.

7.30pm the road to the NCAA championship begins, and you can be sure as shit a couple of Black Bears aren’t going to get in the way.

This is not the same UConn team which limped its way to a disappointing NIT performance last year mind you. This is a new squad with familiar faces and stellar recruits.

Amida Brimah, Daniel Hamilton and Rodney Purvis are all on the same team. Did someone say big three?

Throw in Sterling Gibbs and Shonn Miller and you have a powerhouse of talent who are going to take their number 20 preseason ranking and do what they do best, what they’ve always done best: prove them all wrong.

The last time the Huskies brought their banner home, the AP poll said they were a preseason 18th best. And don’t even start about the gross injustice of not ranking the Huskies when they won it all in 2011.

The point is this: Get hyped as hell because UConn basketball is back, and like the champs before us, this team is hungry.

University of Connecticut