CBS Sports ranks three Huskies in top 101 college basketball players

They’re missing a few

CBS Sports has released its annual list of the top 101 college basketball players and to (hopefully) no one’s surprise there’s more than one Husky on it.

Recent transfer, Sterling Gibbs, sophomore Daniel Hamilton, and junior Amida Brimah were ranked 39th, 48th, and 78th respectively.

The annual list was compiled by CBS Sports writers Matt Norlander, Gary Parrish, and Sam Vecenie, all of whom have nothing but good things to say about UConn’s players.

Vecenie describes Gibbs as “America’s most impactful transfer”, while Parrish raves about the defensive skills which earned Brimah the American Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Year.

Vecenie also discusses Hamilton’s impact as a freshman last year with an impressive 11 points per game in high minutes, and his optimism Hamilton will build upon those skills this year.

Amida Brimah with an average height male

While UConn did have a notable presence on the list, several other schools had a greater one. Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas and Indiana all recorded four players in the top 101. In fact, Kentucky had two in the top 10, with Jamal Murray and Skal Labissiere at five and six respectively. This may seem intimidating, but we all know what happens when Kentucky plays UConn.

This list certainly bodes well for UConn basketball with the season just around the corner, although I think I am not alone in wondering: why are there only three Huskies on this list? At the very least it should have UConn’s starting five, all of the bench, and most of the practice squad. This is the basketball capital of the world we’re talking about CBS.

Regardless of this grievous error, this list surely indicates another exciting year of UConn men’s basketball is on its way. Be on the lookout for CBS Sports’ next list: Top 96 Women’s Basketball Players That Aren’t The UConn Huskies.

University of Connecticut