So apparently Tommy Trojan and Robert E. Lee have horses with basically the same name

They really have a mascot with the same name as a loser.

Just when you thought you couldn't hate USC any more, they surprised us all with being infinitely worse than we thought. Apparently, Tommy's horse Traveler (who is actually the official mascot of USC) has a name almost identical to that of Robert E. Lee. The only discrepancy between the names is the extra "L" in Lee's horse's name. USC, we all know you take the most L's. You're not fooling anyone than having one less than Robert E. Lee's horse.

The story goes that USC's tradition of having Tommy Trojan ride a white horse into a stadium started in 1961. The man who started the tradition, Richard Sakkou, said the horse he bought for this stunt was originally named Traveler. Okay, let's give him the benefit of the doubt, even though "Traveler" is probably the lamest horse name of all time.

However, at a recent protest of the violence in Charlottseville and the presence of Confederate monuments in the US, protesters pointed out that Tommy Trojan and Robert E. Lee have horses with basically the same name.

USC's administration decided to address the issue, so a statement was released on their website (but it kinda had the same credibility that OJ does). The final paragraph of the statement, according to the LA Times, claimed that "Traveler" was a common name for horses. The LA Times quickly debunked this, saying only 3 thoroughbred horses and 2 quarter horses have been named Traveler since 1945, and its not even ranked in the top 100 most common horse names. So either whoever wrote that clearly just didn't do their homework (which doesn't seem too far fetched when talking about USC). You guys are seriously just digging your own overpriced graves at this point.

Look, I know you guys aren't big on reading, but couldn't you at least Google it? First off, usually, people want their mascot to be named after something strong, something successful and something that actually wins things. You gave part of your mascot a name reminiscent of a literal LOSER. Robert E. Lee (and his horse) not only lost the Civil War, but he was literally willing to die for the idea that black people should be slaves. So he's a disgustingly racist loser.

Second, even if you didn't mean to offend anyone, you did. Being located in a city as diverse as LA, you probably should've stopped to think of others, ya know, like nice people do? It kinda just makes you look worse than you already are…

But in all honesty, it's nice that some of you USC students were exercising your right to protest the violence in Charlottseville and the presence of Confederate monuments in the US. Seriously, it was nice to see UCLA and USC students protesting together over something they're passionate about. But don't expect it to be an everyday thing…

UCLA