Someone changed the UCLA meme page name to ‘The Same Picture of Gene Block Every Hour’ and everything feels weird

Now it captures the ‘real reason’ we like memes

This afternoon the UCLA memes page had its name changed to honor our chancellor, Gene Block.

Eric Qu changed our title to ‘The Same Picture of Gene Block Every Hour’ and has begun posting this photo of Gene Block every hour, on the hour since 12pm.

Yes, Chancellor Block is a favorite among memes, and yes, we wouldn’t frown upon the opportunity to see his face in our feeds every hour, but this is definitely cause for discussion.

The pictures and name change itself have gotten ‘Like,’ ‘Haha’ and ‘Angry’ reacts. Others have specifically posted to voice their opinions on the switch.

It was about time people recognized the real reason we were on this page 😍😍😍

Posted by Anjali Valentine on Wednesday, February 22, 2017

when someone changes the meme page nameangry reacts only pls

Posted by Rossana Rico on Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Despite the variation in California colleges, we all have one thing in common: our love for memes. We’ve gone so far as to coordinate our meme page names, with ‘UC Berkeley Memes for Edgy Teens,’ ‘USC Memes for Spoiled Pre-Teens,’ and even ‘Stanford Memes for Edgy Trees.’ We fit in with ‘UCLA Memes for Sick AF Tweens.’

We’re not sure how long this new title will last, but at least for now we can look forward to seeing the same picture of Gene Block every hour.

UCLA