Los Angeles named one of the most fun cities in the world

No surprises here

According to the Sun, Los Angeles comes in 8th for its rankings of  the most fun cities in the world. And it’s no surprise that Los Angeles is put on the list. In the city that’s known for its stars, music, and well, its ass kicking brunch,  it’s obvious that Los Angeles would be recognized as lit.

Did I mention the brunch?

Because seriously its amazing, there isn’t going to be a block of shops without at least one restaurant that serves some good brunch. After a week of studying (procrastinating) hard its good to treat yourself to so good ol’fashion breakfast at 1 p.m.

There’s plenty of entertainment

Concerts, plays, movies festivals, music festivals, this is the place to be. You want it? LA probably has it. From the Pantages to Dodger Stadium you’ll find everything you could ever want. We’re even getting our own installment of Hamilton come August.

HOLLYWOOD

UCLA is right next door to Beverly Hills, so, of course,some stars are going to be spotted here and there, but there are only a few places in the world you can expect to see the stars behind big screen movies and Los Angeles is definitely the place of all places to see them. Not to mention, most of the film industry works out of L.A. so you’re sure to be at the center of it all, if that’s what you want.

Of course there’s the beach…

So many beaches, so many. Venice, Zuma (pictured above), Santa Monica, and so many more that allow for more fun in the sun than ever. Surfing, volleyball, or just taking a nap on the beach, there’s something for everyone and plenty of opportunities for memories to be made.

Plenty of opportunities to hang out

Whether it’s with friends or family, Los Angeles boasts so many places you’ll want to take your loved ones. Even if it’s your first date, there are plenty of memorable places, like the beach or Dodgers’ Stadium or some little restaurant tucked away someplace downtown, all of it will be bustling with the life and rhythm of Los Angeles

So many museums so little time

You want culture? L.A. has culture, with museums boasting contemporary art, wax figures, the installment of Ripley’s Believe It or Not, the profound Museum of Tolerance, even a museum of death-which is definitely a fun way to spend your afternoon- there are countless museums to explore culture of other peoples or ideologies.

THEME PARKS

Street art everywhere you turn. On Melrose you’ll find some definite Instagram-worthy photos to fill up your feed with. LACMA has installments outside the actual museum that bring vibrant fun to the street around it. Or perhaps, if you’re interested in some performance art, you’ll check out the now guarded Trump Star on the Walk of Fame, after one man smashed it to pieces.

Even the bookstores are fun

So. Many. Books. The Last Book store offers its fair share of books, over 250,000 of them new and used, mingled between artworks such as the one pictured above. It’s a bookworm paradise. But if that’s not what you’re into, in true L.A. spirit its quite well rounded, also supporting a large vinyl section, graphic novel section, a yarn shop, and an art gallery. This is a place to get lost for days.

The Griffith Observatory

While adjacent to the Hollywood Bowl, that holds numerous outdoor concerts throughout the year, the observatory is a museum and an amazing lookout point. This is a place for first, second, even the 100th date, with views of the entire city lit up at night. Or, it’s a fantastic place to go with friends and explore the planetarium shows they put on every 15 minutes. Either way, with a place like the Griffith Observatory where you can look over all of Los Angeles, you can see the vibrant fun life of the city of Angeles.

UCLA