BREAKING: Armed assailant at large after UCLA kidnapping and carjacking

‘It’s crazy that no one has really even heard about it still’

An armed man who carjacked and kidnapped a person from UCLA’s Center for Health Sciences has still not been caught.

According to a UCLA police department crime alert, yesterday at around 4:30 pm the assailant entered the victim’s side door and demanded that they drive away.

The victim was held for several hours before being released, uninjured.

The suspect is described as a roughly 5’8 Hispanic man, light brown hair, a mustache and goatee last wearing a dark T-shirt and shorts.

UCLA’s police department is still looking for the car described as a 2007 Beige Subaru Impreza WRX 4 door with the CA license plate 6ATF802

It has been reported by KTLA that the victim did not know the assailant nor was affiliated with the UCLA campus.

UCLA students are horrified by the events and surprised they haven’t heard more about it.

Anh Truong, 22, Buisness Econ major said:

“This is dangerous and not acceptable, and there need to be more people paying attention” .

Alexis Lampo was annoyed with the lack of communication.

The 20 year old Theater major said: “It’s crazy that no one has really even heard about it still. It’s sad for the person and we really need to be able to hear about this”.

Madison, a 20 year old English major said:

“Its horrible and I’m wondering if there needs to be more safety measures on that part of UCLA.”

Similarly, Neurobiology major Allen, 24, said:

“I have always thought this area was safe, so it’s scary thinking that could happen”.

Increased safety concerns have been spreading across campuses already as the emergence of the “Killer Clown” trend has occurred nationwide. This trend which involves people dressed up as clowns that have in some cases assaulted people has quickly been unsettling those in areas such as college campuses. This new addition of now armed carjacking and kidnapping on the UCLA’s campus, which usually feels safe, is a definite concern for how the UCPD will handle such measures and spread information to students on how to stay safe on and off campus.

If you have any information regarding this incident please call UCPD Detectives at (310)825-1419 and refer to the report number #16-1865, or submit an anonymous report at the number (310)794-5824.

UCLA