UCI is one of the Top 10 Public Schools in America according to 2018 US News ranking

Rated #9 in Top Public Schools.

According to a new US News ranking, UCI is now the ninth best public school in America. Joining prestii

According to U.S. News it is pretty inexpensive for in-state students. Undergraduates from California paid $15,516 in tuition and fees for the 2017-2018 school year, according to U.S. News data. Room and board was $14,829.

While it is more selective than other schools to get accepted to, in-state applicants may have a minimum 3.0 GPA in college preparatory courses.

When it comes to diversity, the student body was 36 percent Asian and 26 percent Hispanic, according to U.S. News data, but only 2 percent were African-American. Sixteen percent of degree-seeking students are from overseas, with many from China, South Korea and Taiwan.

Other Rankings for UCI 2018 include:

#42 (tie) in National Universities

#16 (tie) in Best Colleges for Veterans

#121 in Best Value Schools

Chancellor Howard Gillman was delighted that UCI is deservedly recognized as one of the finest public universities in the nation and is especially proud that our institution continues to provide world-class opportunities to those who traditionally have not had access to higher education.

Continue being great UCI and zot! zot! zot!

UC Irvine