A zotALERT has been issued for suspected gunman on campus

Seriously, stay away from the Student Center and call 911 if you see anything

This afternoon, the university issued a zotALERT for a suspected gunman on campus. The text, which is sent out to the entire UCI community read as follows:

zotAlert Robbery at Student Center, Suspect said he had a gun, none obs. Desc M/W25 5’9 blnd hair med build wearing a dark suit w/ dark vest. Call 911 if seen.

It it currently unclear if the robbery was successful or if there is any confirmation of a gun. If you are in the Student Center, it sounds like it would be best to avoid that part of campus if you can.

UPDATE: 18:54 “2nd robbery occd 15 ago in the area of Culver/University, Irvine. Same susp, last seen driving a red 4 dr Chev or Ford. Weapon seen. Call 911 if seen.”

UPDATE 19:38 “Burglary occd 10 ago Bio Sci 3. Susp M/B 30 6’2 190 bald, black sports jacket. Loss 2 laptops in a black bag. Fled from the area. Call 911 if seen.”

UPDATE: 20:26 “UCIPD has completed a search of the campus for the robbery and burg susps. Susps are still outstanding and it is believed they have left the campus.

We will update this story as it develops.

UC Irvine