We asked UC Davis students how much they’d pay for As

We all know finals are approaching and they are a stressful time, but what if money was the solution?

Hard work trumps all, but sometimes we do wonder what if we could wish for success? What if there was an easier way.

So The Tab posed the question to 10 UC Davis students: How much would you pay for straight A’s on your finals.

Weston Templeton, 3rd year, Evolution, Ecology, Biodiversity major

$200

“Getting all A’s would be pretty cool, so that would be a fair amount in my book”.

Jenelle Pinon, 2nd Year, Animal Science Major

$100

“That’s as far as I would go given how much money I have”.

Tyson Coffey, 3rd Year Chemical, Engineering Major

$150

“I feel like that’s a fair amount for me given the classes I’m taking”.

Sho Mendoza, 3rd year, English major

$50

“If I had a guarantee of getting all A’s on my exams, I would pay about fifty dollars. If I were to get tutored, I would probably use the resources provided at Davis for free.

“Fifty dollars seems like a fair price, given that for an English major, there isn’t much weight on the final exams.

“Also, there is not much to study for besides reading the text”.

Jenny Garcia, 3rd year, International Relations major

$0

“I wouldn’t pay to get straight A’s on my finals ever. I wouldn’t do so because it’s not a representation of who I am. I value my education and my integrity, paying for grades goes against everything I believe in.”

Carlo Maskarino 4th year Political Science major

$20

“That’s as much as I can pay for given my budget”

Jason Westmoreland, 4th year, Organization Sociology major

$100

“Grades are important, but I don’t imagine myself needing to spend much more on my budget, especially since that can be used for more memorable life experiences like travel.”

John Krepelka, 3rd year, Communication Major

$239

“Assuming I study for each of my four exams for an average of 6 hours, at the minimum wage of $10 an hour, that would be $60 per final, or $240 in total. Paying $1 less would technically make it a bargain, depending on what you think a dollar can buy you these days”.

Becca Wong, 3rd year, Human Development major

$0

“Because paying for grades is a cheap way out”.

Anne Mancio, 2nd year, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology major

$0

“I don’t like the idea of buying my way through college. Plus, if I was mentioned for honors or something of the sort, I would feel extremely guilty”.

Where would you stand, how much would you spend?

UC Davis