The creepiest songs you’ll ever hear

tips

babe  • 

The creepiest songs you’ll ever hear

Pardon me while I grab my pepper spray

You don’t have to wait for Christmas to hear songs that need to fall off the face of the earth. From stories of stalker fantasies to wasted superpowers, here is a list of the creepiest songs ever. It’s the gift that keeps on giving all year long!

‘Hungry like the Wolf’ by Duran Duran

This 80’s hit is catchy and fun, but if you stop and listen to the lyrics, you might find this stalker fantasy to be surprisingly scary. Let’s just say that if some dude was following me around as described in this song, he might be feeling the heat of my pepper spray. As for the video? They probably should have ended it after the first table flip. Enough said.

• ‘Animals’ by Maroon 5

The lyrics here are really similar to Duran Duran’s tune, except a million times creepier. Unlike the previous song, this stalker fantasy has no interest in disguising the motivation behind the chase or the final result in either the lyrics or video. Make sure you have a strong stomach if you want to see for yourself below.

• ‘All I Wanna Do is Make Love to You’ by Heart

It pains me to put this band on the list. It really does. This band is classic rock royalty as far as I’m concerned, but this had to be done. Let’s just say that there are probably better ways to cope with a relationship with an infertile partner than bringing a series of unwitting strangers to the same hotel for sake of collecting a sperm sample.

• ‘Every Breath You Take’ by The Police

Raise your hand if you’ve never heard this song and felt a little creeped out. Anyone? No? I didn’t think so. Stop watching us, Sting.

• ‘Invisible’ by Clay Aiken

Someone at American Idol clearly had a grudge against the Season 2 runner up and gave him this song to ruin his career before it even started. That’s really the only possible explanation for this frighteningly awful excuse for a song. Besides, watching someone in their room seems like a huge waste of a perfectly good superpower. Go fight some villains! Maybe rob a bank! Just get out of her room, kay?

• ‘Blurred Lines’ by Robin Thicke with T.I. and Pharrell

You didn’t think this was going to be left off the list, did you? This song has been endlessly critiqued for its predatory lyrics as well as the music video, featuring an assortment of topless women dancing around the trio of dudes who JUST KNOW THEY WANT IT. SFW version below.

• If you want to make yourself extremely uncomfortable, listen carefully to the lyrics of any of these songs. Seriously, they need to be left behind.

@TheTab