Why everyone should make a Halloween Tinder account

‘I see you find me apPEELing’

I never thought, even in a million years, that I would ever make a Tinder; I always thought it was incredibly shallow and only used for hooking up (and it often is). But I was intrigued with the idea of choosing whether to swipe left or swipe right based solely on their pictures.

An image popped in my head: a guy is mindlessly swiping along, and suddenly, BAM – it’s a really goofy picture of me. Does he swipe right or left?

Thus, I was given inspiration for my best idea yet. In preparation for the approaching holiday, I decided to make a Halloween-themed Tinder account.

I constructed a perfect “Tinderween”; my pictures showed me in a few ridiculous costumes and my featured song was none other than  “Monster Mash” by Bobby Pickett.

Medusa hat

My personal favorite costume: the giraffe mask

And for my main profile picture, the banana suit

It was love at first swipe

This guy just couldn’t handle my costumes and witty pun.

Are you absolutely sure that’s not innuendo?

Regardless if it had dirty intentions or not, it was still an odd question.

The fellow Halloween enthusiast

I’m so dedicated to Halloween that I put my thumbs through hours of swiping.

One of his pictures featured him in a banana suit, so I had to swipe right

I didn’t pursue any further conversation because of the glaring typo that he didn’t even bother to correct.

And last but not least, this gem

Yikes.

My Tinderween was met with much more amusement than I would have ever expected. While I had absolutely no interest in taking any of my matches further, it was certainly fun. Knowing that I had no purpose on Tinder, other than to find out if my costumes attracted anyone, meant that I could unabashedly troll these poor fellows for my own entertainment.

You probably aren’t going to find your one true love on Tinder, but making a ridiculous account is definitely good for a few laughs.  Swipe on, my friends.

UC Berkeley