Two sexual assaults reported at two different Berkeley frats

The incidents happened on Friday and Saturday night

In addition to the recent ‘clown with knife’ sightings, shooting, and armed robbery, there have been two more alleged sexual assaults.

Last weekend, two female UC Berkeley students reported being sexually assaulted after they attended parties at two different fraternities on Friday and Saturday night.

One of the women was assaulted by an acquaintance. The other woman did not know her attacker.

According to CBS, one of the fraternities is located on fraternity row, on the 2300-block of Piedmont Avenue and the other is located on the 2400-block of Prospect Avenue.

The Berkeley Police Department, rather than the campus police, is further investigating these cases.

“We responded to the scene, we collected and processed evidence and the investigation is ongoing,” says Sgt. Andrew Frankel

“I think anytime where college students in a lot of cases are drinking more alcohol than they should, going out without a plan, maybe not looking out for their friends, there is the potential that this could happen,” he said.

SUC and UCPD are offering a free event in response to Berkeley’s recent increase in violent crime. Tools to Survive Targeted Violence happens at 7pm tonight in the Pauley Ballroom.

UC Berkeley