BREAKING: Man arrested in connection with alleged rape of Berkeley student

The incident reportedly took place in a hall of residence

Sardar Sikandar Wali Zia Khan, a 25-year-old male student of UC Berkeley, has been arrested for the rape of a 19-year-old female, also a student.

Khan, allegedly a friend of the victim, is described as being around 5’08 in height, weighing 145 pounds, and having green eyes and brown hair.

The report was made to the UCPD on September 5th, and Khan was brought into custody yesterday yesterday, September 14th. He was arrested under two felony charges after detectives investigated the report.

The crime alert said:  “On Monday, September 5, 2016 UCPD received a report of a rape that occurred the night prior in a UC Berkeley residential hall.  The victim, a 19 year-old female student, was assaulted by a male acquaintance who was also a student and a resident of campus housing.

This is the fourth incident of sexual assault alert that the Tab has reported on in the past week – three sexual assaults were reported at this past weekend’s Greek theater concert.

If you have any further details on this incident or need to report another call the University of California Police Department Criminal Investigation Bureau on:

(510) 642-0472 / 8AM–5PM / during business hours, except holidays
(510) 642-6760 / All other times

UC Berkeley