Apply to intern with The Tab UC Berkeley

Journalism experience, breaking news on campus, job opportunities in New York and London

The Tab is America’s leading college news network. You might have heard of us because we broke the story about Malia Obama going to Harvard and from when we asked Donald Trump what he is going to do for people leaving college.

At The Tab here at Cal, we’ve published stories about everything from white supremacists on Berkeley campus to an English major analyzing booty calls.

Applications are now open for The Tab UC Berkeley Fellowship. The Fellowship is a remote internship recognized by leading media companies and journalism schools, available to the most talented student journalists and writers.

In addition to providing sharp reporting on life at Berkeley, from football to campus news, Tab Fellows will have the opportunity to cover election events for Electoral College, our ground-breaking election page, and contribute to Babe, the fastest growing women’s site on the internet.

Tab Fellows produce three stories a month, and they work with a campus editor and a professional journalist in New York to write quality stories with sharp angles.

Rewards include limited edition Tab merchandise, LinkedIn recommendations from senior journalists, and internship opportunities at The Tab’s New York office and their media partners.

Although The Tab has only been in the States for a year, we have already had stories with weekly traffic surpassing the biggest stories in publications like The Washington Post, and The New York Times.

There are 10 spots open on The Tab Fellowship at Cal. To become a Fellow, complete your application by September 7th.

For questions about applying, contact one of your Campus Editors Jamie Ferrell ([email protected]) or Samantha Wilson ([email protected]), or our campus representative in NY, [email protected].

First informational meeting will be Wednesday, September 7th. Time and location TBD.

UC Berkeley