Some UT students are selling their Battle at Bristol tickets for significant profit

It goes against university policy and what it means to be a Vol

While students at the University of Tennessee are preparing to attend one of the biggest college football games in history, there seems to be a discrepancy on the appropriate price for tickets. Student tickets were on sale for $45 through Big Orange Tix. However, some UT students are trying to make a quick buck by selling their student tickets for a huge profit.

This has been an issue in the past, but students who missed the ticket claim period or were not granted a ticket to Bristol are frustrated with the high rates their fellow students are charging. Some students have taken to Facebook to express their discontent for the situation.

One UTK student wrote:

Students were then reminded in a ticket exchange group about the regulations surrounding selling tickets:

Both students mention the university’s policy on selling back student tickets. According to the football ticket policy section of Big Orange Tix, “it is the responsibility of involved parties to make arrangements for payment.” Last year, the university sent out an email to all students setting the record straight about up-selling, tickets but clearly it has failed to have the desired effect.

Students around campus are displeased with the situation as well.

Junior Lizzie Theriot said: “If I were a senior and didn’t get a ticket during the first claim period, the last thing I would want to do is pay more money for a game that I definitely deserved to go to.”

Caroline McGee, a UT student said: “If someone is selling their ticket, it means they can’t go to the game. So why should we have to pay more because they cannot go? Those people are making money off of the football team just because other students are more willing to go.”

Moral of the story: be smart, be safe, be a Vol. Don’t upsell your tickets. #volshelpvols

University of Tennessee