Types of people you’ll find at the Tech Center

Trying to study at the tech? Good luck finding a seat. These people are most likely taking your spot.

Other than the Beury Beach on a warm day, you will see everyone at one place at all times⏤the Tech Center.

Now for an outsider, being at the Tech Center might seem odd but this place holds all our memories of procrastinating and finding everyone and their mothers to finish our assignments that we desperately waited till the last minute to complete.

The Tech Center might also be your place to hang out or to waste your printing dollars. However, there is no denying that you'll find every kind of student…kind of like a zoo on display.

So here's the types of people we've encountered at our home: the Tech.

The Muncher

Image may contain: Drawing, Doodle, Art

Goes to the Tech to heavily munch on chips and guac from Chipotle

The Tech might have a strict no eating near the computers policy but we all know we are HUNGRY when we are doing work. Yeah, the muncher might get yelled at a thousand times for eating and the Tech Center workers might get mad at us….but a hungry student is a student you do not want to ever see.

If you ever want to find a Muncher, proceed to the piano room. I guarantee there will be crumbs everywhere.

The Night Owl

Image may contain: Sketch, Drawing, Art

My drooping eye bags replicate my grades for this semester

Who reps Temple harder than the Night Owl!? WOOT WOOT, AM I RIGHT? Catch these individuals never sleeping because that ain't how they fly. Probably living on five hour energy. Probably succeeding. The world may never know. All we truly know is that they're at the tech 25/8.

The Social Butterfly

Image may contain: Trademark, Logo, Drawing, Art

The only app you should be opening here is TUMobile Flight…so they can take you home.

*Grabs chair and sits down*

"Wow I have so much work to do, it's not even funny. What do you think about this picture though? Do you think it's Instagram worthy? Add me on Snapchat, we HAVE to start a streak!!"

This individual goes to the tech to find their Tinder matches.

So if you can't think of someone remotely similar to this description, then damn homie it's probably you. Stop distracting everyone.

The Fireplace

Image may contain: Home Decor, Headrest, Cushion

"Omg guys I think I found open computer!"

"Quick get it before someone else does!"

*Sees a fireplace open*

Alright, I swear that some of y'all take advantage of the fireplace on another level. YOU GOTTA COME BACK TO THE COMPUTER. The only heat that's coming from all of this is me. I'm heated. Stop giving us false hope!

The Tech Geek

Image may contain: Paper

As well as my phone, I can also answer texts on my watch. How cool am I?

When I see people using their laptop while they're simultaneously at a computer. That's like having answers to a quiz and actually studying for it still. EXTRA. Please leave room for us degenerates that yearn for the Dell desktops.

The Ticking Time Bomb

Image may contain: Poster

"My brain's gonna explode and there's nothing even in there"

"I'm studying for my lab final, physics exam, and have two essays all due tomorrow!"

"When're you planning on studying?"

"Um in 5 hours 30 minutes and 20 seconds duh."

I don't want to witness you detonating all over the Tech. But do yourself a favor and take a Starbucks break! You're gonna need it bud.

The Hibernator

Image may contain: Sketch, Drawing, Art, Clothing, Apparel

They should start providing complimentary blankets.

Some people like the tech couches a little more than their actual bed. No one's judging though, it's not like J&H beds felt like Tempurpedics. Remember ladies and gentleman, even if our collegiate careers demand success, sleep will always be more important.

Illustrations by Roni Fellah

Temple University