TSG Parliament is seeking new members

Parliament is looking for qualified students to fill its newly opened vacancies.

Temple Student Government's Parliamentarian, Jacob Kurtz, has publicly announced the vacancies of several positions that the body is looking to fill.

Parliament is in its second year of being a part of Temple's Student Government.

What is TSG's Parliament?

Parliament is a group of thirty-seven elected students who deliberate and devise solutions for issues affecting the student body. Parliament has been on the forefront of many pressing issues facing the University including state funding and Narcan training.

The requirements for filling the vacancy are:

– Maintain full-time student status

– Maintain a 2.5 GPA

– Exist as a student in one of the groups represented by your seat

Parliamentarian Jacob Kurtz issued this statement regarding the vacancies on Sunday, January 21:

Kurtz says that he is still fielding applications for the following positions:

– College of Science and Technology Representative

– College of Liberal Arts Representative

– The First Year Representative (Freshman seat)

– Fourth Year Representative (Senior seat)

– Honors College Representative

– LGBTQIA+ Representative

– Graduate Representative (or fifth year)

– Athletics Representative

– Greek Life Representative

Parliament, and student government as a whole, is an incredibly fulfilling experience and can be the basis for real change.

If you feel your voice isn't being heard on campus or administration is missing in the voices that are actively changing student life, this is the best opportunity to knock some doors down and get something done.

Kurtz will be hosting an information session regarding Parliament in the TSG office (Student Center room 244) this Saturday, January 27, at 1 p.m.

You may also email [email protected] for more information.

Temple University Activism Politics Temple student Government TSG