Meet Abby Steinour, a talented graphic design student behind Egg and Bee comic

With 38.3k followers on her comic Instagram, she’s a Temple student to watch out for

While Temple University is filled of talented students, there's one particular graphic and interactive design major who is catching everyone's attention.

Please meet, Abby Steinour, a student at the Tyler School of Art and also a popular Instagram comic artist of Egg and Bee.

Short n sweet ✂️

A post shared by B E E (@abbysteinour) on Jan 5, 2018 at 2:33pm PST

She has 38.3k followers who follow her comic series. Abby says, “I came up with Egg and Bee this past summer, based on my best friend and I and our different personalities and lifestyles. I wanted to showcase a very genuine friendship between two college girls and the humorous elements and struggles that come with everyday life.”

A post shared by egg & bee comics (@eggandbee) on Jan 4, 2018 at 1:02pm PST

Abby also struggled with the decision of what she really wanted to pursue in life—much like the rest of us.

“I think that a huge part of why I originally put Egg and Bee online was because I wanted validation for my work. I had dropped out of business school halfway through my freshman year to pursue art and I wanted to prove to myself that I could make it in a creative industry; that leaving school wasn’t a mistake because I was finally doing something real and pursuing my passions. It has become so much more than that to me and I never expected to have the kind of following that I do today.”

Abby has created an amazing platform for her future art career by creating Egg and Bee. Each of her post “make hundreds of thousands of impressions (according to Instagram insights).” Now what we’re all thinking is how long does it take to make these detail orientated comic panels?

She tells The Tab, “The comics themselves usually take a couple of hours, depending on the background and how much the characters change from panel to panel.”

She also sometimes includes her love for Temple by having her characters wear TU hats!

Abby isn’t stopping at just Egg and Bee though. Right now, Abby offers her designs services to anyone.

She makes unique business cards, resumé designs, and commission work for roughly $10.00.

Summer internship hunting season is upon us. Contact me for unique business card and resume designs!

A post shared by B E E (@abbysteinour) on Jan 4, 2018 at 6:12am PST

While many of us are waiting to see what she will do next, Abby has a end goal she hopes to achieve.

“My goal for Egg and Bee is to get a book published by my senior year!" Abby said. "So far, it has given me a lot of confidence in myself and connected me with people who I otherwise wouldn’t have had a chance to meet.”

Temple University