Temple student passed away on Monday after being found unconscious at Paley Library

Details of his death have not yet been released to students

UPDATE: According to a Temple spokesman, there is no foul play suspected, and the city Medical Examiner’s Office will determine the cause of death.

On November 29, students from Introduction to Digital Design Tools were told of a fellow classmate's passing on Monday at Paley library.

In an email sent from Temple's President Richard Englert, the student who passed away is named Michael Paytas, a fourth-year marketing major from Holmes, Pennsylvania.

Michael was found unresponsive Monday in Paley Library and was taken to Hahnemann University Hospital, where he was pronounced deceased.

Michael was 24 years old and transferred to Temple in 2014 from Delaware County Community College.

A student who wishes to be anonymous told The Tab Temple that her professor broke down as she told the class of his passing from this past Monday. Other professors who taught the Fox Business School student told the news to their students after via an email.

Temple Update tweeted this morning confirming the death of the student after obtaining information from Fox Business school.

We have reached out to Temple officials about the passing of the student and will update the story as more information is released.

Temple University