Temple student dies from falling out of 1940 window

There was ‘no evidence of foul play’

UPDATE [10/4/17, 7:20pm]: Philly.com reported Dalcourt's death was ruled as a suicide, according to the city Health Department.

UPDATE [10/4/17, 1:33pm]: In a statement to The Tab Temple, the university's Assistant VP of Communications, Ray Betzner, said TUPD has found "no evidence of foul play."

UPDATE [10/3/17, 2:48pm]: Temple has released an official statement on the situation. In an email to the entire Temple community, President Englert identified the student as Richard Dalcourt, a freshman in the College of Engineering, and confirmed his passing.

It was Dalcourt's first semester at Temple, and he was just 19 years old.

At this time, there is still no official explanation for the cause of the fall.

_____________________________________________________________A Temple student is in the hospital after falling out of a window in the 1940 student residence hall, according to reports.

A captain from the 22nd District Philadelphia Police who was on scene said he had "no comment, but that it was an ongoing investigation."

Police have not said anything about the student's condition, or what caused him to fall.

According to a student in 1940 at the time, forensics teams have been seen inside 1940 investigating rooms on the second and fifth floors. Emergency response crews are continuing to arrive on scene, along with a medical examiner.

Forensic teams inside of 1940

Forensic teams inside of 1940

Medical examiners were also on scene

Medical examiners were also on scene

Temple University