Somehow Penn State got named best college food town in PA, but we all know Temple should’ve won

One word: cheesesteak

The food website "Tasting Table" recently published an article on the 50 best college food towns in every state. Somehow Penn State was chosen for the best college food town in Pennsylvania, which we all know is completely inaccurate, and the author obviously has no idea what they were talking about. In order to stand up to this injustice for all the fellow Temple Owls, and the city of Philadelphia, here's a bunch of reasons proving Temple is definitely the best college food town in PA. 

First off, the author claimed that the reason behind choosing Penn State was because of the famous "Berkley Creamery," an ice cream shop on campus that apparently has over 120 flavors. But, as any fellow Owls would know, we have plenty of places on campus with weird ice cream flavors. I mean, wouldn't you rather have an Insomnia Cookies ice cream sandwich? Plus, this ice cream place delivers to 48 states and has online ordering, so instead you could save the trip to "Middle of Nowhere" PA and spend the weekend enjoying the many food options Temple has to offer in the heart of the city.

Customize your Cookiewich AND have it delivered. #nationalicecreamsandwichday #icecream #cookies #sweets

A post shared by Insomnia Cookies (@insomniacookies) on Aug 2, 2017 at 1:10pm PDT

The main reason for picking Temple as the best college food town in Pennsylvania would have to be the famous Richie’s Deli, which has been a staple of campus since 1975. People from all over the city and country come back to campus just to eat Richie's. Every morning there is a huge line formed around the stand just to get an iced coffee or breakfast sandwich. You can literally get anything you want, from a chicken parmesan sandwich to a mozzarella stick grilled cheese. I mean, where else can you get a mozzarella grilled cheese? Nowhere. 

Secondly, no-one does food trucks better than Temple – there is around 50 on campus every single day. The options are limitless and in a matter of minutes you could get a five-star burger, a crepe filled with Nutella, a fruit bowl or smoothie, chicken and waffles, halal, tacos or a slice of pizza. The array of food trucks that fill the corners of every side street on campus is a thing of beauty. Does Penn State even know what a food truck is?

Ever seen a mean, green, sexy food making machine? Check out the "Sexy" Green Truck now open on Habitat! #phillyeats #explorephilly

A post shared by Habitat – Food Fast (@habitat_foodfast) on Jan 25, 2016 at 12:16pm PST

Even our Student Center has been given a makeover this summer. It's open to the public and filled with food options that are better than ever. We have now been blessed with our very own Chick-fli-A. But thats not all, as we have also have been given a Salad Works, Burger Fi, and Zen Asian, all of which will be open this Fall when classes start.

Overall, our location is something that Penn State could never compete with and gives us the edge over them – something which undoubtedly makes us the best college food town in PA. We are located in one of the greatest food cities in the country, Philadelphia. You can hop on the subway and choose from a list of limitless options any foodie could dream of.

Plus, we have the best cheesesteaks in the nation that everyone tries to imitate, but even after all these years no one has gotten it right.

What are you eating? #eatlikealocal

A post shared by Pat's King of Steaks (@pats_king_of_steaks) on Jul 24, 2017 at 12:27pm PDT

I'm sorry Penn State, but you are located in the middle of nowhere – hence why your standout food place was an ice cream joint. If you want some real food head over to North Philadelphia where you'll find some of the best.

@kelsismith

Temple University