A complete guide to all the changes happening at Temple this year

The construction never ends

If you’ve checked any of Temple’s social media pages, you may have noticed that Temple’s campus is getting a major upgrade.

From relocations, to new additions to buildings―the campus that we will see in just a few weeks will not be the same as the one we left this past May.

Tuttleman Counseling Services is relocating

On August 21st, Tuttleman Counseling Services will be moving to the corner of Broad St. and Cecil B. Moore Avenue at 1700 North Broad Street. Its new office will be on the 2nd floor, right above the Barnes and Noble. The new address will provide more space than its previous location (1810 Liacouras Walk).

The Student Center will have more food options

The Howard Gittis Student Center is getting some renovations done this summer. Due to a new contract with Aramark, students will have new food options, including Chick-fil-A, Which Wich, Saladworks, Twisted Taco, Burger Fi, Zen, and Zaya.

Another day #UnderConstruction follow us on Snapchat @TUStudentCenter for more!

A post shared by TUStudentCenter (@tustudentcenter) on Jul 12, 2017 at 11:18am PDT

The Bell Tower is getting a whole new look

Yes, you read that right. The Bell Tower, which we all know and love, will look completely different once we return to campus. According to Philly.com, the Bell Tower will have a “newly landscaped circle at its base.” The new addition will be called Lenfest Circle, after Trustee H. F. “Gerry” Lenfest. Along with the new installation, the Bell Tower will be cleaned and resealed. You can see the start of the circle in the picture below.

Bell Tower with moat.

A post shared by templephotobetsy (@templephotobetsy) on Jul 26, 2017 at 12:44pm PDT

The TU Portal will be getting an upgrade

For now, you can still login to the usual portal, but starting September 1st, students will have to login to a new site, which will feature a login box at the center of the screen instead of the top left, a much larger font, and a new color scheme, according to Temple’s Computer Services website. The upgrade will look like this:

The New STAR Complex

A new facility is being built behind Pearson-McGonigle Halls called the Student Training and Recreation Complex. According to Temple’s website, it will “serve the needs of the College of Public Health, Athletics and Campus Recreation.”

Founder’s Garden is being renovated

At the center of Polett and Liacouras Walks, the Founder’s Garden is another location that students often pass through on their way to class. Renovations are being made to improve the pathways, as well as replace the pavement, lighting, and outdoor furniture.

The Library construction will continue

When will it end? Yes, the construction happening on Liacouras Walk will still be happening once we get back to campus. It’s definitely not the prettiest site, but once it’s all over (sometime in 2018), it should be a nice addition to campus.

The new library is coming along nicely!

A post shared by Temple University (@templeuniv) on Jul 25, 2017 at 10:41am PDT

@michmendezmedia

Cover Photo Credits: @templephotobetsy

Temple University