Here’s everything you could buy on campus next semester with former President Neil D. Theobald’s salary

Hint: you could literally get Richie’s every single day

Did you ever wonder what the staff at Temple University really makes? Great, because now you actually can. The newspaper and website The Chronicle of Higher Education recently released a comprehensive data report on the executive compensation at private and public colleges which included Theobald’s starting and ending salary for his time as president at Temple.

Theobald started his presidency in January 2013 after being hired from Indiana University where he acted as the chief financial officer. He resigned in 2016 after a $22 million deficit was found in the university’s merit scholarship program. Theobald’s salary when he was first hired in 2013 is listed at $225,000 and his ending salary was $799,468.

Richard M. Englert, the current president of Temple, didn’t have his salary listed for the 2016 academic year.

In order to put Theobald’s ending salary in to perspective for us broke college students, I figured out what one of us could’ve used that money for in the upcoming 2017-2018 academic year.

You could get:

A year’s tuition at Temple 51 times.

335, 319 slices of Maxis pizza on a Friday night.

A year’s rent in Morgan 57 times.

301, 686 grande iced coffees from the Starbucks in the Tech Center.

432,145 orders of large waffles fries from the new Chick-fil-A opening in the student center.

Club season tickets for Temple Football for the next 3,359 seasons.

177,722 rounds of beer during White Girl Wednesday at The Draught Horse.

133,245 chicken finger platters from Richie’s.

An order of filet mignon at Del Frisco’s in center city 15, 989 times.

399,734 rides on the subway.

39,973 orders of cookies-and-cream crepes from the Creperie.

133,244 “double burgers” from the best food truck on campus, Burger Tank.

If only waitressing or working at Chipotle paid as much as being president of a university… Anyways, here’s to eating ramen every night and collecting loose change to pay for the subway.

@kelsismith

Temple University