Temple alum Scott Blumstein wins $8.15 million at World Series of Poker

‘Accounting degree @TempleUnvi should help figure out taxes!’

Scott Blumstein, a 2013 Temple graduate from the Fox School of Business, is now 8.15 million dollars richer as he claimed the top spot at the World Series of Poker.

"Still in shock & I'm not sure when it will sink in completely but for right now I'm just enjoying the moment. All the support means so much!", Scott writes on Twitter moments after winning $8.15 million.

Out of 120,995 entires from the tournament, 7,221 players competed for the grand prize which was proudly grabbed by one of very own Owls.

The 25 year old Morristown native credits his skills and success to his online poker habits, legal in only three states including New Jersey. “When you play online in New Jersey, it’s hard for any live pro to see even close to the amount of hands I’ve probably seen in the last two years,” Blumstein told AP.

A previous Morristown High football player, believes he won the competition because he is from New Jersey. Before entering the WSOP for the first time, Blumstein already racked in $300,000 in online winnings which he has yet to cash in on.

USA Today claims, “Only three cards would have beaten Ott. He had a 93% chance of avoiding one of those three deuces. But, of course, Blumstein landed one of them on the river and took home the most prestigious prize in all of poker.”

Blumstein always knew he wanted to play poker, and like the rest of us, he never really wanted a real job, he tells Joe Ingram for an interview posted on Joe’s YouTube channel.

Thankfully, Scott’s accounting degree should help him out a bit when it comes to figuring out his 2017 tax forms.

“My movie’s been a pretty good one. All of those moments have been pretty interesting while leading up to this point. I think it’d be dumb to ignore the journey I’ve been on.”

Temple alums and students alike have been offering their congratulations and sharing the pride of this impressive Temple alumnus.

Scott even had the opportunity to show a writer from Barstool who's really on top.

Scott Blumstein gives us another reason to be Temple made and Temple proud.

Temple University