This student accidentally texted her mom a picture of a dick wearing sunglasses

Every day we stray further from God’s light

A junior accidentally sent her mom a picture of a dick wearing sunglasses earlier this week.

Sending the wrong text to the wrong person is a dangerous risk we take night after night. The risk, for some odd reason, seems to be higher when the text we are sending is rather provocative.

After a spending a night out with her friends at Penn State’s Arts Festival (another prime example of how nothing good ever comes from Penn State), the female student received a text from a friend containing an image of a tastefully modeled penis.

Like any college student, she thought the picture was funny and decided to send the picture to one of her group chats. At the same time, her mom was texting her to make sure she was doing alright.

The student spoke with The Tab about her fatal mistake, explaining that Instead of copying and pasting a Bitmoji into the message she was sending to her mom, she pasted the picture of the pecker wearing sunglasses.

Her mom responded to the message, “That’s disgusting. Why would you send me that picture?”.

Obviously mortified at her mistake, she told us: “Of course right after I sent it, I was freaking out and just shocked that I accidentally sent it. I decided the best way out of this was to lie.”

Her quick thinking response was genius. “I told her my phone was on the aux cord playing music and someone picked up my phone and sent it to her thinking it would be funny.”

Her mom responded rationally, like any good mother, with the assumption that her friends were trying to “drug” her. And, just like any other mother, she didn’t let one of the most panicked-filled moments of her life die that night.

“When I got home, of course my mom brings it up again and goes, ‘Speaking of PSU, what the heck was that picture you sent?’” The student tried to brush it off again saying, “Dude, I don’t know I swear someone sent it on my phone.”

Thankfully her mom had a good sense of humor and laughed it off but she didn’t entirely buy the made-up story. In disbelief, her mom responded, “I really don’t believe that… they would have had to know your password to get in. You were probably trying to send it to your friends and accidentally sent it to me.”

Perhaps the worst part of the whole situation is the fact that her mom told her she had to stare at the picture for about three minutes before she finally realized what it was.

She did however learn a very important lesson, “Moms always know.”

This is not the first time the student’s friends have sent her questionable pictures and it most likely won’t be the last. Let’s just hope no one repeats the nightmare that occurred this past weekend.

This has been a public service announcement to always double check the recipients of your messages before pressing send.

Temple University