Seniors, it’s almost time for graduation so get ready to be part of the Temple Alumni Association

They will be having their first event tonight at 5:30pm-7:30pm

For Temple seniors, it’s the bittersweet moment they’ve been waiting for a long time—graduation.

However, the great part of graduating from our university is the alumni connections we have afterwards. The Temple Alumni Association is the backbone of our university that hosts events that focus on pride, tradition, and affinity.

Current seniors are invited by The Temple Alumni Association to the Class of 2017: Welcome to the Alumni Association Happy Hour on Thursday, April 20, 2017 from 5:30–7:30 pm at the City Tap House Logan.

This event is 21+ and specifically for students who are part of the class of 2017. Registration for this happy hour includes two drink tickets and appetizers. The fees are $15 for alumni ($20 walk-in) and $5 for members of the Class of 2017 ($10 walk-in).

The goal of this event is to get the future student alumni engaged with other alumni and show students what the Temple connections will do for them.

In 2016, the TUAA adopted a strategic plan to guide the growth of alumni engagement over the next five years. The plan examined who they are and what they need to do to reach their goals.

Temple’s alumni are now larger in number, more diverse and living in more parts of the world than ever before. A new, energetic approach is needed and they invite everyone to explore their website to understand the 10 areas of targeted activity that will promote the best interests of our alumni and how you can get involved.

Taylor Cobb, the coordinator of Student and Young Alumni Engagement told The Tab Temple that it is important to have these student engagement with alumni since it will help with our school rankings.

Temple Alumni Association will also be participating in the Global Days of Service on April 24th-April 30th where students could join the week-long efforts to make a positive impact on our communities through various community service projects.

Om April 29th, TUSAA and North Broad Renaissance Project will be meeting at Ben Franklin High School at 10am to noon, where they will take over North Broad by keeping it clean.

She also states that they are looking for students with any philanthropy ideas and who wishes to help build these connections to contact her via her email: [email protected].

Temple University