Activate TU Wins Temple Student Government Election

The students have spoken

Activate TU has been elected as the 2017-2018 Temple Student Government executives, it was announced shortly after noon Friday.

In what was a very close election with a record-breaking turnout, Activate TU won the election over Connecting TU by a slim margin of 2,618 to 2,562 votes.

With campaigns running over the past few weeks, both teams did a tremendous job in presenting their ideas and plans and it made students listen and want to take part by voting, shown by the record voter turnout. This afternoon’s announcement is a culmination of all that hard work and dedication.

Tyrell Mann-Barnes, the President-elect of Activate TU said he’s thankful and overwhelmed with gratitude over all the support he and his team has received throughout their campaign.

“When you walk into a space with intention and purpose, you can do anything,” he said.

First order of business?

Mann-Barnes said he and his team would like to get out applications for their ethics board to help with the selection of their executive branch, a process he hopes to get resolved by next week.

Activate TU has built their platform on getting everyone’s voices heard and engaging all people. Their slogan, “Reform What Exists, Engage All Voices, and Activate Relationships” embodies what they hope to accomplish while in office. This election victory is the first step in activating the change they hope to see and help build a community that benefits everyone.

Temple University