The ultimate Super Bowl LI drinking game

A guide to making the Super Bowl that much more fun

Ah, the Super Bowl. It’s the annual match-up of the two best teams in the NFL to find out who the best team is.

While some of us are excited to see the battle between the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons, others may just be excited for an excuse to throw or attend a party on a random Sunday night.

Whether you’re rooting for one team or the other, one thing we can agree on is the party aspect. Here’s your guide to taking your Super Bowl viewing experience up a notch.

What you’ll need: Your choice of alcohol

It can be beer, vodka or hey, even wine. Whatever your choice of poison is; grab a glass and pour it up to get ready for the big game.

First up, lets deal with the game itself

No matter how you feel about football, these rules will help you through actually watching the game. Maybe, it’ll even get you interested in the sports itself.

Here are the rules:

• Take a sip every time the quarterback match up between Tom Brady & Matt Ryan is mentioned.
• Drink twice whenever “Deflategate” is mentioned.
• Drink for 6 seconds every time one of the teams scores a touchdown.
• Take a shot if the team misses the extra point.
• Drink one time the Falcons winning their first Super Bowl is mentioned.
• Take a shot whenever they talk about a player personally. (ex: Chris Hogan being a former lacrosse player, Matt Ryan being from Pennsylvania,  anything about Gisele Bündchen and Tom Brady.
• Drink twice every time the announcers are overly enthusiastic.
• Lastly, finish your drink whenever someone does an elaborate touchdown dance.

Next up, the commercials. 

I think we can all agree, the commercials are the best part of the whole game.

• Take a sip every time a puppy is used in a commercial.
• Take a shot every time a famous person appears in a commercial.
• Whenever you see a commercial for Doritos, take one sip for however many had been on already. (Ex: if its the first, one sip. Second, two sips. So on and so forth.)
• Drink twice every time they advertise the new “24.”
• Chug every time a commercial makes you cry.
• And finally, finish your drink if the Budweiser Clydesdale Horses show up.

Finally, let’s get to the halftime show.

Lady Gaga is sure to bring her own unique take on this show, which will definitely be interesting to see.

• Take a sip if Lady Gaga is wearing a wig.
• Chug every the audio goes out and stops when it comes back.
• Take a shot every time Gaga changes a song.
• Drink twice whenever you don’t recognize a song.
• Take a shot every time Gaga looks emotional.
• Last up, finish your drink if someone falls while dancing.

Good luck to anyone who decides to take on this challenge. This game is definitely not for the weak or the faint of heart. Enjoy the biggest game of the year, and godspeed making it to class on Monday.

Temple University