Police escort man out of TECH for staring at students

He was apparently in the girls bathroom at one point and was even caught touching himself

A lot of weird stuff has happened during late nights at the TECH Center, but last night might have just taken the cake. Around 2:30 a.m., a group of students were cramming for a psychology test in one of the TECH breakout rooms when they noticed a man standing outside of the room staring at them. We spoke to a witness that gave us all of the crazy details.

“He would sit down and then come back. He would stare at my friend and I and our psychology notes all over the whiteboard,” she said.

He continued to stare in the window until another one of the students in the room was fed up and asked him if they could help him with something.

“He said he was just looking at our notes and so she asked if he was in psych as well, which he replied he was a different major and he took psych at his old school.”

The man asked if he could come into the breakout room and take pictures of the whiteboards. The students declined his offer, getting more creeped out by the second.

“He sat down, for a total of maybe five minutes at most before he was back again. We continued to write on the board, and he would blatantly just stare at our butts.”

Yeah, he definitely wanted those psych notes.

Multiple people approached the students to ask about the man.

“One of them in particular left to go home, but came back in a matter of a few minutes and told me he was going to text me, but to be discrete about it. I then received the text that said ‘the people at the front desk need you to go speak with them, I’m being 100% serious.'”

Our witness said that she walked to the front desk while the man was still staring into the breakout room window and told the TECH employee that she felt uncomfortable. The employee called the police and told the witness to go back into the room and pretend that nothing was going on.

“I went back and a few of us sat there still while he would lick his lips, mouth the word “hi,” or flex his chest repeatedly. We sat there for a while, all completely terrified because he would reach into his pockets and look around the room to make sure nobody was watching him.”

Police arrived to the scene in a matter of minutes. The students left the breakout room, pretending that they had to print papers.

“After this, he then proceeded to stand outside of the room to the right, which only had two girls in it. The police took my information and said that he was apparently in the girls bathroom at one point and even began touching himself in one of the chairs later on.”

Apparently he had done this before.

After an hour and a half of staring, the police were finally able to get the man to leave.

Temple police told the witness the man is indeed a Temple student.

The TECH Center declined to comment on the incident and Temple Police have not responded with more information.

@sarah_madaus

Temple University