The unforeseen benefits of dating a tall girl

Tall girls need love too

Dating. For a lot of us guys, it’s a scary concept. At first the ideas of commitment and meeting families seem pretty daunting, but when you find that special someone you start to understand why people do it.

So then what happens if that special someone is like, really tall? Like, really really  tall. Like, an inch shorter than you even though you’re 6’2,” tall.

Well, first off, your friends who are shorter than her will give you some shit, and you’ll get the occasional, “Wow, she’s tall,” from relatives when you first introduce her. Don’t worry though, once people get used to you guys together all that will go away, and trust me, dealing with that will be more than worth it.

After a while, you start to realize dating a girl who’s the same height as you (or close) has some inherent advantages which come with the territory, and that girls of a slighter stature just can’t compete.

Finding each other in crowds

Ever go to a huge family party and get separated from your SO, only to be corned by Aunt Susie who has a 1,000,001 questions about you and your intentions? What about a concert, sporting event, or even J&H/Morgan dining hall? Never fear, having a tall girlfriend makes these situations a thing of the past! You can now simply look over everyone else’s head and find her before Aunt Susie even has time to remember your name.

Taking selfies

Think about it: if your girlfriend’s face is below your shoulder, it doesn’t matter how long your arm is – that selfie’s going to look crooked AF. A cute couple selfie makes every girl happy, and you know what they say: happy wife, happy life.

Sharing clothes

Here’s a pretty common situation: you and girl go out, you and girl stay at your place, girl forgets change of clothes, girl asks for t-shirt. Remember, this is your girlfriend now, so you can’t let her do a walk of shame in some poncho-looking, over-sized shirt. No, you get yourself a tall girlfriend so you can give her a shirt that fits and a sweatshirt that color coordinates with her shoes, and you go and take her out to breakfast like a real man. And guys, this goes both ways. If your clothes fit her, that means her clothes fit you, so feel free to steal that t-shirt she has of your favorite band and then blame it on her roommate.

Getting intimate

Ever do deadlifts at the gym and then try and kiss a girl that’s a foot shorter than you the next day? Well, if you haven’t, don’t, and if you have then you know what I’m talking about when I say that it’s not fun. Dating a tall girl means no more bending over or craning your neck – a slight head tilt is the most you’ll ever need to lock lips with your dream girl. This principle holds true for other intimate activities, too. Slow dancing and dancing at a party or club becomes less of workout because you’re able to stand straight up instead of being hunched over or bending your knees all night. Hugging, holding hands, and cuddling all require infinitely less planning. Think about it, you’re almost the same size, so all your limbs just sort of fit together more easily with one another.

Drinking buddies

Dating a tall girl means dating a girl who is probably much closer to you in terms of size and weight. I’ve already described a bunch of ways this can be beneficial for you, but I’ve saved the best for last. While holding hands and taking selfies is all good and cute, at the end of the day if you’re dating a girl, she needs to fit in with the homies. A girl who you want to spend a lot of time with needs to be able to keep up with you guys – whether it’s ripping shots on a Saturday night or downing wings and brews on a Sunday. Trust me, a tall girl’s your best bet when looking for an SO who can drink with you and your buddies and not end up hunched over the toilet at the end of the night.

So take my word for it and date a tall girl (this doesn’t mean go searching for a girl that’s 6’7,” but rather find a girl who’s the same height as you). A girl that’s your size is the way to go, and if you don’t believe me then try it out for yourself.

Temple University national-us